Dear Younger Me…
I saw an article today titled “Advice I Would Give My Younger-Self” and was immediately flooded with tips, cautions and cheers I would love to give to younger me. Since I don’t have a modified DeLorean, I’ll just put mine out there for any of the younger yous who want them:
- Your opinion of you is the one that matters the most.
- There is no big weight-loss secret. Weight Loss = Calories Out > Calories In.
- Exercise can be fun. Keep trying until you find something you like.
- Less is more when it comes to many things, especially make-up.
- It is okay to say “No” when someone asks you to do something for them.
- Learning moderation is hard, start now.
- People who criticize or mock your success are called haters, not friends.
- You can only control yourself and your reaction to other people.
- Learning the difference between want and need is also hard, start now.
- Celebrate even the minor victories.
- Happiness is a choice, not a destination.
- Learn from your mistakes, but don’t be afraid to make more.
- Everything happens for a reason.
- Trust yourself.
- Even when it doesn’t seem like it, you will be okay.
- Ask for help when you need it.
- Accountability is serious, under-promise and over-deliver.
- No one has too many friends.
- People rarely regret taking the high-road.
- If you don’t like something, change it or change how you think about it.
- You can do anything you put your mind to.
- Be nice to yourself.
I would love to hear anyone else’s advice to their younger-self…