What’s on Your Plate???
Admittedly, I had not been on the USDA website before today, so I do not know how helpful it was in the past. However, I can tell you that I think the new “Choose My Plate” site is fantastic. If you haven’t checked it out yet, here is the address:
I love the new graphic, I think it will be easy to remember and great for teaching kids. The website itself has a wealth of information, both simple and complex. I am consistently amazed by the number of people who have no idea what healthy food looks like and this will be a great resource for them. Just a few of the new offerings are:
- A food encyclopedia;
- Interactive menu planners;
- Interactive food and activity trackers;
- Personalized diet and exercise analysis;
- FAQ about food groups, nutritional values, serving sizes and activity;
- Specific audience information (kids, pregnant/breastfeeding, adults);
- Weight loss information; and
- Links to other helpful websites
Additionally, I am posting a PDF of a few recipes they are suggesting. I haven’t tried any of them yet, but several look good to me. Please share your reviews if you try any of them.