Recipes – Mardi Gras Dinner
KEY LIME CHEESECAKE BITES
Fat: 4.7 g
Carb: 12.6 g
Fiber: 1.1 g
Protein: 3.6 g
PointsPlus® value 3
- 12 ginger thin cookies
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 oz fat-free Honey Greek yogurt
- 2 large egg whites
- 3 tbsp key lime juice
- 1 tbsp key lime zest
- 1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 24 blackberries
Heat oven to 350°.
Line cupcake tin with liners. Break one cookie into pieces and place at the bottom of each liner.
Gently beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla until smooth using an electric mixer. Gradually beat in fat free yogurt, egg whites, lime juice, lime zest and flour. Do not over beat. Pour into cupcake liners filling half way.
Bake 25 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool to room temperature. Chill a few hours in the refrigerator.
Top with fresh berries.
Serving Size: 1 Cup (Makes 4 Servings)
Fat: 4.6 g
Carb: 17.6 g
Fiber: 4.2 g
Sugar: 7.8 g
Protein: 25.8 g
PointsPlus® value 5
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 14-ounce can of diced tomatoes
- 8 oz tomato sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp Cajun Seasoning such as Slap Your Mama (more or less to taste)
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 tbsp of all purpose flour (1 tsp corn starch for gluten-free)
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 lb of large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp hot sauce, to taste
- 1 medium scallion, sliced
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- salt to taste
In a large skillet heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, green bell pepper, garlic and celery and sauté until tender. Add tomatoes and tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, Cajun spice, bay leaf and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and simmer 20-30 minutes.
Make a slurry of the flour and water and stir into the tomato mixture. Continue cooking for another 5 minutes. Lightly season the shrimp with the Cajun seasoning and add immediately to the tomato mixture. Add Worcestershire sauce and hot sauce; stir together. Cook for another 5 to 6 minutes, or until shrimp is opaque and cooked through, adjust salt if needed.
Add chopped green onion and parsley and serve.
Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups (Makes 4 Servings)
PointsPlus® value 6
- Olive oil spray
- 6 oz. (about 2 links) fully cooked andouille chicken sausage, sliced into coins
- One 14.5-oz. can fire-roasted diced tomatoes (not drained)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 cup low-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 1/2 cup uncooked brown rice
- 1 tbsp. chopped garlic
- 1 tsp. Cajun seasoning
- 1/2 tsp. hot sauce, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme
- 6 oz. raw shrimp, tails removed, deveined, chopped
- salt and black pepper
In a large pot heat the olive oil spray over medium heat. Add the chopped onion, green bell pepper, and celery and saute until tender. Add all the remaining ingredients except shrimp. Mix thoroughly. Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat to medium low. Cover and simmer until veggies are tender and rice is fluffy, about 35 minutes. Add shrimp and re-cover. Continue to cook until shrimp are tender and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
If you like, season to taste with salt, black pepper, and additional hot sauce. Serve and enjoy!!!
Serving Size: 1 Cup (Makes 5 Servings)
PointsPlus® value 3
- One 14.5-oz. can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
- 6 oz. peeled and deveined raw medium shrimp with tails removed
- 6 oz. white crab meat (about two 6-oz. cans drained)
- 6 oz. chicken andouille sausage, cooked and sliced into coins
- 1 cup Spicy Hot V8 vegetable juice
- 1 cup frozen cut okra
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 tsp. Cajun seasoning, or more to taste
- 1 tsp. Frank’s RedHot Original Cayenne Pepper Sauce, or more to taste
- black pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot sprayed with nonstick spray to medium heat. Add bell peppers and onion. Stirring occasionally, cook for about 3 minutes, until tender. Add flour and stir until well combined.
Add tomatoes and V8 juice. Cook until mixture begins to bubble. Add okra, Cajun seasoning, and Frank’s RedHot. Stir and bring mixture to a boil.
Reduce heat to low. Cover and let simmer for 10 minutes.
Add shrimp, and continue to simmer until shrimp are cooked through, about 3 – 4 minutes. Add crab meat and 3/4 cup water. Raise heat to medium, and return to a boil.
Remove pot from heat, cover, and let thicken for 5 minutes. Season to taste with black pepper. If you like, add a little more Cajun seasoning and Frank’s RedHot. Enjoy!